What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are thin casings or shells, made out of a porcelain material, affixed to the fronts of teeth to improve their strength and appearance. They can help whiten teeth, replace damaged enamel and repair some cosmetic problems.
Veneers are generally used for aesthetic purposes. They may be right for you if:
- Your teeth are stained or discolored.
- Your teeth are broken or chipped.
- Your teeth have become worn down.
- Your teeth have minor misalignment, are misshaped, or have gaps between them.
- You are simply not confident about your smile.
What is the process for getting dental veneers?
The dental veneer process is centered around planning and will consist of a few appointments to ensure the patient achieves their ideal smile:
- Consultation: Dr. Pappa will meet with the patient to determine what they like about their current smile and what they hope to improve. Next, they will identify the patient’s goals and begin designing how the veneers will look. This stage of planning is invaluable for making sure the patient will be happy with their new smile. We will take dental impressions at this appointment, if you are ready to proceed.
- Provisionals: After the look of the veneers has been decided upon, the patient will try on provisionals, or prototypes, to make sure they are satisfied with the design of the teeth. Occasionally, some elements of the design will call for some refinement. The provisionals will provide a sense of what works and what does not. Both the patient and the doctor will evaluate appearance and functionality of the veneers. Once the design is fully finalized, Dr. Pappa will take final impressions and send them out to a lab.
- Installation: Once we have received the definitive veneers, the patient will return to have them installed with a simple, straightforward procedure. Once installed, the patient can permanently enjoy their beautiful new smile.
We invite you to call our office to schedule a consultation for veneers today!